Thursday, June 07, 2012

Scribble Dump!


Hey people!

Life has been still finding itself falling into place for me lately. Lots of preparations for our new baby girl who's arriving in August! In between that and work you'd find me scribbling and preparing my mind for writing some of my own stories. I'm trying to return myself to the roots of why I started creating artwork in the first place. Communicating tales has always been my first goal and I've veered off course a bit as time has gone on. Hopefully I'll have more info as time goes on regarding this exciting turn! But till then you'll have my scratchy scribbles to gnaw on!


The first one is a work in progress of a character from Ghost Legion Studio's new game, "End." They've asked me to do an illustration of their main baddy and I'm having fun with it. You can see a couple of the concept sketches I did before diving in for it as well just below him. I should have this wrapped this weekends so expect a more finished image soon!


What else? Well, over the last couple days at work I've been rendering animations in After Effects which affords me a little bit of time to doodle. This is what usually happens when you give me a ballpoint pen, paper and an idle mind. Random heads! Ha! Hope you enjoy these goof balls!


And here's a fat Ninja Turtle sketch for good measure. lol

Thanks for taking a look and keeping up with me! I'm still flirting with the possibility of creating a schedule for posting. I know I say that all the time. Ha! But I'd like to have the accountability to make myself more diligent with my own personal work and sketching. We shall see! Ha! Take care, guys n' gals!

- Ryan

Things I'm loving lately:

iPad 3 - Ok, so I upgraded and that retina display is freakin' awesome! Can't get enough of it. Though it makes me worried about what this new Hi-Res display means for my Bluray collection in the near future. :o/

E3 - I wasn't totally blown away but it's always a fun time of the year for those of us who love games. Halo 4 looks so awesome and The Last of Us is something I'm also really looking forward to. E3 is like peeking at all your awesome presents months before Christmas! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment