Monday, October 29, 2012

Happy Dwarfin' Halloween!




Hey everyone! Thanks for checking out my blog again this week. I'm going out of town next weekend so I'm holding back some of this week's scribbles in the hopes that I'll get more work done in my sketchbook while away. Then I can have a healthy drop once I return back from St. Louis, MO. That doesn't mean I don't have anything for ya though!

The first is a themed INKtober doodle that I splashed some color on. Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year. Mostly because of the candy! But if you've followed this blog long enough you'll know that I like drawing monsters and critters of all sorts. And Halloween is just full of 'em!  So I hope you enjoy this candy lovin' zombie in honor of this festival of creepery!

The next couple pics are of something I've been kicking around when I've had some free time this week (which hasn't been much). I really liked the dwarf sketch I did last weekend so I wanted to try and get the guy painted up. Any excuse to paint dwarves is a win in my book. :) You guys have seen my process in the Red Baron piece and I'm doing more of that sort of stuff here. The colors will shift and change as I go but it's shapin' up. I like to keep it pretty loose at this phase and really enjoy the process of letting the piece evolve. I think this might be a nice one and I can't wait to see where it takes me.

Hope you all have a great Halloween! Be safe out there and I'll see ya in November!

- Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment