Wednesday, August 04, 2010

In Yo' Face

Earlier this year it had occurred to me that I hadn't painted or drawn a self portrait in quite a while. All this time drawing from my imagination had weakened my trained eye. So I thought I'd give it a go. You can see the results of that portrait in the first post on this blog.

My art director at the time pulled me aside to let me know how much he liked it. Then he asked if I'd be willing to paint one for every team member. I jumped at the opportunity and now have a mass of portraits that I did in the same style as my first. I found myself pretty happy with them overall and I could even see improvement as I moved from one to the next.

So, rather then let the images sit on my hard drive for years to come I figured I'd share some of my favorites here. I hope you like them! More posts to come but at the moment I'm still working on art tests and finding a job. Lets see if I can squeak out some personal work in the coming days. Thanks again for looking!







No comments:

Post a Comment