Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Von Kaiser - Punch Out


Just wanted to post a small update as we enter into the New Year! I have a several pages of sketches to post but haven't had the time to scan them all in. So for now you'll have to just enjoy this guy again! Sorry!

I spent some time tonight getting acquainted with my new Cintiq 24 HD. And what better way then to finish of paintings I started and abandoned?! Ha! I dug back into my Von Kaiser sketch and pushed him just a little bit further while getting a feel for the tablet monitor. I could think I could probably continue to push him even more but I think this is where I'll let this one rest. I'm pretty happy with how goofy he looks and I hope you guys like him!

How did I like my first night with the Cintiq? I loved it! I'm really excited for what this might mean for my digital work as the process just feels so much more natural to me then any of my time with a regular Wacom tablet. Since I have more control and confidence with my marks I find that I'm able to get an even tighter look when I'm developing the forms. I can't wait to see what this means for my future pieces as I continue to figure this sucker out.

So stay tuned and I'll try and get those sketches up before the week is over. May 2013 rock the crap outta your world! Take care.

- Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment