Tuesday, October 27, 2015

FrankenBride







Happy Halloween! I love this time of the year. The leaves are changing colors and it's once again been deemed socially acceptable to draw pictures of monsters all month! Haha! Last year I created a "Frankenstein" slot game for my employer's House of Fun app. The game was a lot of fun to make and when the idea came up for a sequel featuring Frank's bride I couldn't pass it up. So I'm proud to present to you... *lightning strikes*... FRANKENBRIDE! Hahaha! ;)

It's not very often in a slot game that you're able to create a sequel that brings back old characters. Let alone a slot game where you can inject a little bit of narrative. I thought if we were going to have a Bride of Frankenstein game we should really push some wedding elements into the theme. And it's a great opportunity to give our familiar characters a touch of humor as well! Dr. Frankenstein is now giving a best man speech, Igor is the adorable ring bearer and Frank is all dressed up and ready to say, "IIII...DOOOO." :D The new character is a priest who isn't quite sure what he's just gotten himself into. Haha.

Above you'll see some final artwork from the game as well as a couple shots where I was exploring the initial sketches for the character designs. I'm pretty proud of this one! I really hope players will enjoy it as well. And even if you're not a slot player I still hope you enjoy the artwork! 

Thanks for stopping in! Have a great Halloween and don't gorge yourself on too much candy! :P

- Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment